Living with Charlie has helped me realize how many Canadian-isms are deeply ingrained in my nature. It’s not uncommon that I confuse him with a Canadian reference.
- Charlie: “Let’s go to Dairy Queen!” Me: “Yeah! Oh…but wait, will they still be open?” Charlie: “Why not? It’s only 7 o’clock.” Me: “No, I mean because it’s winter… ohhhh… Your Dairy Queens here don’t shut down in the winter?”
- “Elastic” vs. “rubber band”
- Red Rover (Charlie’s never played)
- Sharon, Lois & Bram’s Elephant Show (the theme song got stuck in my head all day)
- The Tickle Trunk
- Owning a plastic ridged mat (for snowy, salty shoes)
In other news, ~2 miles between Monday and Tuesday.